Like any wooden structure in your home, your roof is vulnerable to damage from water intrusion and termites.
Water and termite can damage your roof deck and lead to leaks and more rot. When moisture reaches under the roofing tile or shingle and trapped for extended period, the wood deck gets damaged. Furthermore, the moisture attracts termites and termites thrive in the damp environment.
Drywood termites live and feed inside wood. They establish colonies inside ceiling rafters, roof beams, eaves and other wooden structures associated with your roof. They will slowly eat away the roof boards. In the worst-case scenario, the roof structure could collapse. Here are some examples of termite damage repair and wood rot on roof structure.
WOOD REPAIR & RESTORATION
TELLTALE SIGNS OF TERMITE DAMAGE
While you can always rely on All Climate Roofing to provide you a free professional inspection to determine if you need termite damage repair, you can look for warning signs for termite damage such as:
- Loose, missing or slipped shingles and tiles that indicates potential water intrusions on roof
- Any water stain either on ceiling, walls or stucco
- Peeling paint on wood surfaces
- Wood rot, wood that appears to have been eaten away
- Mounds of termite feces that look like tiny wood pellets
- Presence of winged termites, living or dead
TERMITE DAMAGE REPAIR AND RESTORATION
Here at All Climate Roofing, we are not just roofers, but roofers with carpentry skills.
We have taken on a variety of wood repair projects from rebuilding & repairing rafters and beams, to replacing ridge boards, fascia boards, eave boards and plywood. We also repair damaged siding & trim, rebuild wood patio and wood deck.
The first step of wood damage repair and restoration is to completely expose all the damage. We need to remove all the roofing materials or decking materials over the wood structure and inspect the damage.
In most cases, we will remove the damaged wood structure and replace with new wood structure. Sometimes, we will add a “sister” piece to the damaged section to strength the existing wood structure.
We completely seal our exposed wood surfaces with industrial grade caulking and 2 coats high-quality exterior grade paint.
Painting the exposed wood surface is one of the best ways to prevent termite infestation because termites don’t like paint. The final step, we will install roofing and decking materials.
HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF OUR WOOD REPAIR AND RESTORATION:
PREVENT YOUR ROOF AND HOUSE FROM TERMITE DAMAGE
In our Southern California Coastal region, although we have very dry climate, the moisture & fog during the night provides the breeding ground for termites. We can not eliminate terminates, but we can minimize your need of termite damage repair by taking following preventive measures:
- Paint, stain, seal or treat any exposed wood on your home exterior
- Install proper metal flashings on your roof, including valley metal, roof to wall flashings, tile pan, to ensure good drainage
- Keep the gutters & downspouts clear of debris to allow proper drainage
- Conduct roof inspection and maintenance every 3 to 5 years
- Install drip edge to protect roof edge and fascia from water damage
- Repair any plumbing leaks underneath your home immediately to avoid water collecting underneath home
- Trim vegetation surrounding your home and prevent it from so overgrown that it traps moisture; cut back tree branches over roof
- Thousand Oaks
- Newbury Park
- Westlake Village
- Agoura Hills
- Oak Park
- Simi Valley
- Santa Paula