Outdoor living spaces are becoming hugely popular. Some elements of the perfect outdoor living space include comfortable furniture, professional hardscaping and unique water features. A relaxing, stylish outdoor living space or outdoor room can provide an oasis for family and friends to enjoy the outdoors in comfort. It can also greatly increase the appeal and value of your home.
If you already have a concrete patio or a wood deck, it is really easy to add a few simple features to construct the perfect outdoor living space. Here are some ideas to help you create the perfect summer oasis right in your own backyard.
Concrete Patio Ideas
Concrete patios are perfect for outdoor living spaces. There are many ideas to enhance your concrete patio for the ultimate outdoor space. Consider adding any of the following to your patio to make it a more relaxing place.
- Add built-in benches – These provide seating for outdoor entertaining.
- Put in a fire pit – A glowing fire pit adds a cozy, intimate touch to a concrete patio. A fire-pit lets you enjoy those gorgeously clear, chilly evenings.
- Set-up a cozy outdoor living room – Add a set of comfortable living room furniture to your concrete patio. A comfy outdoor living room is the perfect place to wind down with your favorite book after a long day at work.
- Install a deluxe outdoor kitchen – A fully-equipped patio kitchen will allow you and your family to enjoy nice weather and breezes with every meal. Install a wide counter top to make it easy to serve food.
Wood Deck Ideas
If you have a wood deck, it is easy to turn it into an outdoor retreat. Create a welcoming space by adding any of the features below to your deck area.
- Create a modern outdoor lounge area – A wood deck is the perfect setting for a fresh outdoor lounge area. Well-groomed shrubbery and interesting plants are the perfect touches for a modern look. A contemporary water fountain and a modern fire pit located near the fountain make any wooden deck area a relaxing atmosphere for summer parties. Add outdoor speakers for the perfect touch.
- Develop your own vacation retreat right in your back yard – Add colorful umbrellas and bright striped cushions to your deck chairs. Choose cushy, comfortable fabrics. Install a swing for the ultimate relaxation. Include side tables to make it easy to rest your drink or book on. Drought tolerant plants are perfect for a backyard oasis as these only need occasional watering and trimming. Landscaping with drought tolerant plants will leave you with plenty of time to relax on the swing and enjoy the warm sun.
- Make it romantic – An outdoor living area is especially popular in the evening. If it is just the two of you in your home, you might want to make this space a romantic retreat by adding soft candles and intimate landscape lighting. Install outdoor speakers to pipe out soft, romantic music.
Protecting Your Outdoor Living Space
Whether you have a concrete patio or a wood deck, it is important to protect your outdoor space from the elements. Add a urethane or acrylic coating for both concrete and plywood decks. This helps provide protection from pedestrian traffic, water damage and ultraviolet exposure. A deck that is not properly taken care of will weaken. For many years of use, it is important to properly care for your outdoor space.
If you are reading this on any other blog than All Climate Roofing or via my RSS Feed, it is stolen content without credit. You can find us on Twitter via @ClimateRoofing Come and visit our blog at https://allclimateroofing.com/blog/